CREW Philanthropic Volunteer Happy Hour w/ Second Harvest
Join us on April 15, 2020 3:00PM – 5:00PM @ Second Harvest for an afternoon of sorting & packing followed by cocktails and small bites in the Second Harvest test kitchen. Have fun while giving back to our community!
Please sign up for the shift here
Here are a few things you should know before you arrive:
- The facility is located at 700 Edwards Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70123 . Parking is available directly in front of the building.
- The work that you will be doing is in the warehouse packing food boxes or in our cooler sorting and categorizing donated food product. Upon your arrival your job description will be given to you in greater detail.
- Volunteer jobs are based on our current needs in and around the warehouse, please come prepared to work in the warehouse or in the cooler (layers are recommended).
- The warehouse is not climate controlled so please dress accordingly. Jeans, shorts and t-shirts are acceptable.
- YOU MUST WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES! Anyone wearing flip-flops, sandals, or Crocs will not be permitted to work the shift.
- Cold water is available for all volunteers.
- Groups must submit a SECOND HARVEST permission slip for each youth volunteer under the age of 18. If groups do not submit a SECOND HARVEST permission slip prior to the start of the shift, they will not be able to participate in the activity.
- Second Harvest requires 1 chaperone per 5 youth between the ages of 9-13 and 1 chaperone per 10 youth between the ages of 14-18.
- Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items – please lock valuables in your car.
- Please arrive on time and enter the building through the volunteer entrance located near the Community Kitchen. Remember to sign in and sign out and make a name badge.
- If you need a letter or record for service hours please notify the Volunteer Coordinator upon your arrival.
- If for some reason you need to cancel your shift, please contact Michelle Rosamond as soon as possible at 504-729-2849.